Friday, January 7, 2011

The year has now begun! ...on January 7...

Finally just swam a great mile today to start the year off! And it was beautiful. My swim was, that is. I did have a bummed, hurting shoulder for the last half of it, so I stretched it out about every 10 minutes and I was able to finish. At one point my ear swallowed a gallon or two of water... talk about painful! So that was my excuse for a little break. It was a little hot, but it just felt good to be back in the water! Especially with the newly renovated facility. They completely changed the entire fitness center building and just recently re-opened. It is SO nice now! Very, very clean and just a more inviting atmosphere. Not to mention, they added lane stripes on the bottom of the pool which makes it so much easier to swim without bumping into the large water aerobics ladies. :)

I'll be at the fitness center lots this season! Swimming as usual, and I plan to add more strength training into the picture than I did last year. Not to buff up... that's nasty. But just to tone up more than I have been. ;) Should help with my racing.

So overall, I have to say the season is looking positive! Started rested up and with a great swim! If I'm still feeling good tomorrow I may try to squeeze in a quick run for the kicks.
Okay well, enough talk. See you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment