Monday, January 24, 2011

It's like math

Swimming at KDMC has become a math class of sorts. And 1st grade math is so confusing! They've taken down the huge, wonderfully convenient sign with all of the conversions such as: 2 laps = 25 meters, 64 lengths = 1 mile, etc. But now I have to stop and do all of that difficult math in my head! I guess I should try and learn the measurements as well as I've learned my name...

But anyway I had an almost picture perfect mile long swim today! No soreness, no stinging shoulder pain, no side pain, nothing. It was great. I did some 100 meter accels then a long set breaking half-way in between.

Now I'm home enjoying a yummy post-workout snack of peanut butter and banana, an apple, and like 3 gallons of water before I do workout #2: core strength. But I'm sure it'll end up being all of upper body, core, and lower body ;)

If you have never tried this... just wow. It's sooo good even if you don't like bananas! Try it!
 It felt amazing to be training after being sick, yet again! Racing starts before too long! :D :S :/ :@ (<--- describes all of my emotions about this...) Haha no it'll be fun, I'm ready for March :D

Thanks for the read, have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously soooo impressed with your determination and athleticism. Right on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww well thank you, just trying my best! I'm seriously impressed with your blogging skills! May need to get a few tips and pointers ;)

    ReplyDelete