Saturday, January 22, 2011

Clip in... clip out

Tonight we're talking gear. New gear. Or lack there of ;)

But first, a little about my weekend:
It started out last night with our youth groups Women's Retreat. It was led by sweet Mrs. Janie and Meredith and we spent the night out at the Mooney's home. We had such a fun time fellowshipping together while learning simple, practical ways to strengthen our relationship with God. And five girls sleeping on the floor 2 inches from each other is a pretty fun way to bond, huh? ;)

So now to gear. I'm just about to finally get my new bike! :D It's getting closer and closer and I am sooo excited! But sadly, you can't just buy the bike. Currently I'm working on picking out my shoes and pedals. Well actually just the shoes... pedals are done :) But there is SO many options! I've got it pretty much narrowed down to either a pair of Pearl Izumi's or Shimano's, but that is always subject to change. My pedals are Speedplay ;)

















Another thing I'm looking into is new tri shorts/top. I've actually had my eye on some of the unreleased spring 2011 line of Zoot clothing that I maaaybe found a leak of... ;) But I'm not sure yet, we'll see. The main issue to be worrying about right now is the shoes... Even if I have the bike, with shoes and pedals it won't do me much good! Not only do they have to look at least kinda good, but they have to be compatible with the cleat/pedal system. It shouldn't be that big of a problem but it's something to not forget about.

There's things regarding new triathlon gear I could write 10 pages about, but I'm tired, and it might get boring :P
But new stuff is soon to come!

Hope you've all had a great weekend so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment