Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let us run with perseverance

....are the words I repeated over and over to myself while running today.

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1b-3

What a great way to stay motivated and fight through the minute leg pain! Considering the pain he went through me. "Let us run with PERSEVERANCE!"

So anyway, I ran today! A pretty wonderful 5k in (almost) record time! I was sooo excited when I saw the clock ;) My stomach did keep cramping up though :/ maybe from too much water pre-run? It was so annoying. And my ankles were feeling kinda jammed and hurting more than usual as well. But it wasn't unbearable, I finished and quickly at that!

Also, I had another good swim yesterday! 400 meters warm up and cool down, and 4 x 1/4 mile sets... So about 2000 meters total. My arms were a little more sore because I swam Monday too, but it probably wasn't enough to really be considered "sore". I'd say the training I've done so far this year as gone great! Very promising :) Allllmost time to start a count down for my first race! Haha

Well the weather tomorrow is supposed to amazing... mid 50's and sunny! So I'm definitely planning to take advantage of that and go for another run, and probably swim too. :D It's been a wonderful week training wise, and an exciting weekend ahead! I'll blog about all of the fun stuff, so check back :)

2 comments:

  1. That's some awesome training Anna! And I was needing the strength of the Lord big time running yesterday too :) Have fun on your run today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KA! Oh we all do! I also like to ask myself if I'm "Running with perseverance??" when I'm tired, keeps me going ;) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete