Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I might move to Mexico

Yeah. I'm thinking about moving to Mexico for a few months. Or somewhere at least slightly warm. When it stays in the 30's in Mississippi for over a week... preventing me from training anywhere other than the gym or my house... it's not good. I mean, I've already lost a whole week due to illness, now the weather?! Humph. Maybe I'll use this time to go as crazy as a party animal on working on swim skills and speed. I might become a pro swimmer this week! Or maybe I'll hit strength training as hard as David hit Goliath. I mean... it is the off season and all... where most hard strength training should take place... Aw shucks, I guess I can use this week (or two :S) to my advantage after all! But, I am ready for an outdoor run in decent weather. And ride for that matter.

Now, having said that, I did actually swim today! And a yoga session, and lift, and core strength, and speed exercises. So I really can't complain. It was a pretty good day! Even after only somewhere between 2 to 4 1/2 hours of sleep. But now I've got lots of energy and feel very refreshed! My swim was great, I did a few hundred meters worth of warm up laps, 5 x 100m accelerations, then a straight 1200m, then 2 x 100m cool down laps. And I felt strong throughout! I did have slight random pain in my ribs... :S but that was really it. Stretching later on helped out. So hopefully the swimming trend will stick, at least for the week. Today was also basically the opener of the season. It was the first planned session on my program! It will last around 5 weeks, then I'll switch to a different program focusing more on endurance. I think I've finally got a better picture and idea of how the year will go... but it's just so hard! It's difficult (at least for me) to make a final decision on everything and plan out the year in the most safe way to be sure to not overtrain or be over loaded with racing. But I'm still working on it, with lots of excitement! Can't wait for the first race this year!
Later :)

A

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I will NOT let you move to mexico! I would be so lonely!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha awww, well you can come with me!! It'd be fun ;)

    ReplyDelete