Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy dance!

Sooooomebody is getting their new bike in the next couple of weeks! :D Me! I am hoping to go to the shop this weekend to get fitted and get the order in. Then next week, I'll have a bike! BUT, it may not happen until next weekend. Everything is up in the air still. But as I'm sure you can imagine, I am SO excited! Like I just cannot wait.

I've also spent the last week sick. Sick as a dog. I've gotten to know my pillow and my bed quite well. :( It's comfy, but I'm ready to get up and out and training again. It's been really hard to accept the fact that it's a new year! new gear! new training program! new everything! Annnnd I can't use any of it yet. I'm a little better today but I'm hoping to be 100% tomorrow. Minus this nasty cough. Maybe a swim worked into the day? Yes please. :) I am just so ready to try out my new stuff! My training this year is going to like, completely change. I want to actually get somewhere in triathlon, competitively. Things like the heart rate monitor which I'll use a lot of, the compression socks to aid in recovery, a new, faster bike, more experience, a harder program, and longer races in the lineup will help with that. It's sure to be an exciting year full of many, many races.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still have much learning to do. I really don't completely know what I'm doing still! So it won't be perfect... but if you try at anything you can do it. It just takes motivation, and I assure you, I am motivated for this year! It will also take perseverance, as I won't ace every training session and every race. There will be some days when my workout will beat me, not I it. And that's hard. Nor will I come in first place every time, or even second or third. And honestly, it may be hard to accept at first considering how well I raced this past season! That's all part of becoming a better triathlete, and I'm all for that. Even on these sick days... when I could PULL MY HAIR OUT FROM ANGER FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO TRAIN AND I REALLY NEED IT!!! Have to fight through it! There's always another day! It'll take hard work to get to where I strive to be, I know it will. But, I will be SO happy when I'm there. :)

Okay enough chit chat... off to get some rest and be ready for a nice swim tomorrow! Ciao!

AG

No comments:

Post a Comment