Thursday, February 17, 2011

One beautiful brick!

Today's training:  A bike/run brick! (simulating race day) I rode 13 miles, and ran 5k. So it was nothing big or long, but it was brick so it was obviously hard! I am definitely pleased with my bike splits, but the run wasn't my best... it was good! But not my best :( During the bike portion my left quad, hip and lower back were all like numb/stinging! It was so weird... but then when I got to the run they were fine! The last 1.5 miles of the run was pretty rough though. I started getting dizzy/feeling lightheaded and whatnot. But that may just be my body getting readjusted to the hot weather! But overall it went great! Nothing I couldn't handle!

I actually did a short run yesterday too... so although I wasn't sore at all, going in to today's brick I was a little nervous about what would happen. But it didn't affect me at all! It was so awesome! ;)

Depending on how my legs are feeling Saturday, I'm hoping to do a longish run... like probably a 10k. I may even take it to trail running again! We'll see how everything goes...

Thanks for reading! Train even harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment