Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Allow me to explain

Yes I know my blog header has been pretty sloppy recently... I'm working on it! You've probably seen the black and white picture that I'm trying to add with my blog title... which has also changed ;)  I just wasn't entirely pleased with how it was looking or with the title. So I went from "Onward!" to "Looking at the World Through Rose Colored Goggles", which I thought was suiting for me and for the focal purpose of this blog by changing "glasses" to "goggles". Does that make any sense? Basically I'm just mixing things up a bit right now. ;) That is if I can figure out how to do it! I'm not 100% blogger fluent yet :/ One day it will look good!

Now. Back to training. My workouts have been small/short this week... but hard. Yesterday I went to KDMC like normal, got in the pool and proceeded to do that days swim workout, when about 1/8 mile into it my right quad starting STINGING. Nothing like a normal muscle cramp... this was like, bad. I have no idea where it came from! And while swimming of all things! So I thought I'd stop, take a breather, massage it and keep going. But that didn't work... it kept burning until I just got out after 1/2 mile. So weird. I was also planning to run, and I really wanted to go through with that... sooo I did! Despite burning quads! You wanna know what's even weirder? It was totally fine while running! This really puzzles me...

As for today though, I was very limited on time. But I still managed to squeeze in a short, fast run! It felt great... I only did a mile and a half but at a very fast pace. Gotta be fast as well as have endurance! ;)

Bike name update: I'm still contemplating! But it's coming, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment