Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Smoothie! nomnomnom

This morning after my workout I wanted a smoothie. So, I made one! It was half-way made up, half-way by recipes I found. But whatever I did worked! Here is the recipe I put together and used:

1 banana
3/4 cup cut strawberries
4-5 oz fat free yogurt
1 tsp honey (or however more or less you please)
lemon/lime juice
a few ice cubes

All you have to do is blend the ingredients up!

You can most certainly use really any kind of berry, or even a mixture. And if you use strawberries, they don't have to be cut. Whole works just as well, just cut the leaves off! Same for the yogurt. I used key lime pie flavored in mine but any flavor you fancy is perfect too. It was in a 6 oz cup, but I only used around 3/4 of it so it wouldn't be TOO thick and creamy. I'd start with about half of the cup, blend it, see how it looks/tastes, then add more if need be. Most recipes call for about a tablespoon of sugar... But I decided to substitute honey instead of any sugar, a healthier alternative! The lemon and/or lime juice is of course optional, but I like a little twist so I added a good bit of both. Also, many recipes you'll find say to add orange juice... which I allllmost did! But I was trying to go for lower sugar, so I nixed it. :)

This picture really does not do it justice. It is a very healthy, very delicious, very easy post workout drink! (or anytime drink!) 



Enjoy!!

And thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment