Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nice and bruised, and 9 days!

Bruised from a minor crash I maaaaybe had on my bike Saturday... :/

The story: I rode with Jonah [after John and Luke left us;) ] the old Gran Prix course on Saturday. It was a HILLY 26 mile loop plus 4.5 we did as a little warm up. And I mean HILLY. They were mostly long, medium sized hills... but there was a lot of them. It killed my hips within the first 2 or 3 miles! There was also a stretch around 2 miles long where the road was basically compacted gravel. Or "glorified gravel". Gravel + bicycles = not good! So anyway, the course took us through downtown Wesson, where we stopped at a little restaurant deal to pop some Shot Bloks and Clif bars. Buuuut as I was in the process of stopping, my foot got stuck in the pedal! One was unclipped but I couldn't get the other out quick enough... Soooo I kinda sorta fell. :( The dialogue between us after that? Anna,"Shoot!"  Jonah, "Hahaha you okay need some help?" Anna, "No don't worry about me, just hurry check my bike... is it scratched?!?!?" But I luckily took more damage than my bike did! And also lots of being made fun of... -_-

That's about all exciting that happened... besides some attempted dog attacks. My fear of dogs grows more and more every bike ride! But it was a great ride, so glad to get it in befooorrre..... Mississippi Gran Prix in 9 days!!!!

First race of the year! It's a cycling stage race so it consists of 3 races in 2 days! (4 for the seniors) Woo hoo! I'm SO excited yet quite nervous.... I'm 99.9999% (make that 100%) sure I will not place or anything. The guys that race this are CRAZY. But it'll be a good experience and one more race to put in the books. :D

I'm out, thanks for the read!

2 comments: