Tuesday, April 19, 2011

MS Gran Prix!

Was awesome!! It turned out that I was the only girl out of all the juniors... Sooo no I didn't place at all, no I didn't chick any boys, but yes I had fun! I'll give a little recap of each event...

Road Race: Yes, I got dropped pretty early on... Earlier than I'd like to talk about... :\ So that was pretty rough not having anyone to draft off of for the majority of the time. When they say it starts fast, they mean it starts FAST! The first 6 miles was nothing less than a suffer fest. I was trying my best to close in the gap enough to have at least someones wheel to catch, but I just never could. I later found out it was only about a 50 second gap where we settled! :( And then there was a hill. A loooong, steep, dreaded hill. (mountain) I'm pretty sure that gap spread out once we got there! Definitely put a dent in my time, and with less than 5k to go! Not only was it a super hard hill to climb, but I also had a brutal head wind knocking me around, and an equally brutal calf cramp. But I finally finished. :)


Me on the finishing stretch!

Time Trial: Went awesomely! I was very happy with it, and it was much easier than I expected! I felt great the whole time, even on the hills :D I definitely wish (and probably could have) I had gone faster, but it wasn't terrible. No dogs, no cars ;) Definitely enjoyed this race!


Pre-TT: Ready to race!


And I'm off!

Circuit Race: 7:00 AM, and f.r.e.e.z.i.n.g. Totally un-prepared for this! It was low to mid 40's when we started. NOT my ideal bike race weather!


Cold and happy pre-race ;)

Overall I'd say the circuit went well. Sore but not too sore, cold but not too cold (once I was actually riding), and hilly but not too hilly! BUT, having said that, there was one little... issue. A vulture. A vulture that came so close to me and scared me so bad, I promise it was going to eat me. I know I wasn't dead or anything, but it could by all means have attacked me!! It was traumatizing. Dogs are one thing, but I NEVER thought I'd have to watch out for vultures while cycling. When I finished I think everyone thought I had gone looney while trying to tell them about it. They laughed because a vulture almost ate me. Such caring friends ;)



Crossing the finish line


Brennan, Sam, John and I!

So the race in a nutshell: I survived an attempted vulture attack. ;) Haha it was an awesome race, I had a lot of fun and can't wait till next year! :D



3 comments:

  1. You did so amazing! I am happy the vulture didn't eat you!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! haha so am I ;)

    P.S. thank you sooo much for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! I love taking them!

    ReplyDelete