Sunday, June 26, 2011

I thought this was blog worthy!

Yesterday was one biiiig suffer fest! (but fun one!) It started with the Tomato Festival 5k, in which I got 1st place in girls 15-19! I really don't see how that happened though, the course was hard and very hot. I ran 5-6 minutes slower than my 5k PR! Horrible!! And of course it's not a race unless Anna throws up... This time I threw up while still running!

Some of the Brookhavenites starting :P

Me and 3rd place (I believe). 2nd ran off!


But that's not all... as soon as the race was over and awards were given, some of us hopped on our bikes and rode home from the 5k! (which was in Crystal Springs) It was 43 miles on the country roads, and talk about hilly!! It was very painful, especially after just running! But after what I like to think were 90% incline hills, chain falling off, four 20oz bottles of water/gatorade (SO hot) and lots of Shot Bloks, I made it. :) My legs just weren't too happy, and still aren't!

Mrs. Mignon and I (who also got first!) before heading out to ride!

All in all it was a fun day! I've got a trophy, mucho soreness, and lovely cyclist tan lines to remember it by ;)

Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. Wait, they were giving away trophies at the tomato race!? Sweeeeeet.

    Thanks for running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were! The overall trophies even had a tomato on top ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did that long ride home! How did you get there? Congrats on placing!

    Cyclists have the worst tan lines! Last year I ran a 5k the day after a 50-mile bike ride. My running shorts were way shorter than my bike shorts. After the race, some guy said something about me being a cyclist. I was all proud thinking I had a cyclists body or something until he added, "Yeah, I can tell from your tan line!". Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We drove our bikes there and went back to pick up the cars later!
    Oh no! Haha well you can be proud about the tan lines too ;) I just got back from the beach and still have the tan lines!

    ReplyDelete