Saturday, September 10, 2011

An Update if you Must have one!

First off, training has been going really well this past month in my opinion! The first week after River Cities was really slow though... I took it easy and chilaxed :) But this week especially has been good! I've done a lot of running and on new courses! It's exactly a 5k from my house to our church and back, and it's got 3 or 4 good rolling hills which are actually kind of fun. The only not so great thing is that I have to cross Highway 51 so I normally have to stop and wait for traffic. Yes it's a good excuse, no it's not helpful.

I've noticed that my swim has kinda been suffering recently... I had an okay time in the River Cities swim especially since it was longer than 1/2 mile but it's been really sloppy in training. I used to swim ALL the time but recently it's been like 1-2  a week:/ so I am trying to incorporate more swimming in. I've started back going 3 times a week and doing more anaerobic stuff... So as you can tell all of my training has been changing up, and it's working!

The only negative thing really is that I've been having lots of back trouble... I think it starting just from long bike rides and being on my drops a lot but now it's like all the time even swimming. I don't wanna go to a doctor! :(

Tri4Life is my next race and it's a week from today! I know I think I said this about River Cities... but I really do feel good about this race! Last year it was really fun and the race site is beautiful! You run on the bridge over the reservoir making for a really flat run which is great ;) It'll probably be another cheap win... But it is a race and I am excited!

I should be back next week with a (hopefully) good race report and pictures! Thanks for reading!

P.S. dig the new layout? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment